Mechanical Technologys
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

MechTech the MMO Development Forum

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

standardize the concepts

Go down 
+3
towcar
Admin
Gene
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Gene

Gene

standardize the concepts - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:03 pm

talk about visualize the actual landmarks, here's some pics i would like to share...

it is taken from call of duty 4: modern warfare, and all of this pics are visualize on Chernobyl nuclear power plant meltdown site where thousands of ppl gave their lives to...

standardize the concepts - Page 2 110

standardize the concepts - Page 2 310

standardize the concepts - Page 2 410

standardize the concepts - Page 2 Pool10

lets do this scale of researches~ HAHA
Back to top Go down
http://genewiz.deviantart.com/
towcar

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:09 pm

Holy, talk about detailed
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:12 pm

Kind of sick :s
Back to top Go down
http://mechtech.webmmorpg.net
Gene

Gene

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:25 pm

well, the truth is, what makes this game become a big hit in game industrial wasn't it's detail, but its the mode and atmosphere of the war, seriously, i couldn't find any game FEEL so real in war zone than this, not even GOW! you guys should try it too ^^ ok, i'm out of topic! slap slap!!

but if we can pick an angle of picture of the city, and recreate/redesign it into our mechtech world, and do a comparison like what i've shown you, it's a good point to sell our game, LOL
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 1:57 pm

Would be cool to have a ingame view of this image:

standardize the concepts - Page 2 Statue-of-liberty-national-monument-picture-02

Im making a overhead map of it now. of the entire island
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 2:25 pm

standardize the concepts - Page 2 Libertyisland1
standardize the concepts - Page 2 Island1-1
Black lines are armoured walls.
Red is housing and buildings and things.
Blue is Barracks where you can fight the training bots, low level NPCs just running on AI.
Green is the Mech garages where you can get jobs from mechanics, learn the Mechanical Tradekskill and get your mech painted and new mechs made.
Pink is the general place where your trainers are, quest givers and the general is where you do his quests to finally leave the island.
Statue of Liberty is self explanetary its a mutilated statue of Liberty with big turrets and things.
You can go up a ramp onto the triangle star area where your trainers and people are but you cannot go inside the statue.

The player vending area is where you can sell your goods to npcs and buy tons of different things. its basically a Market style thing.
The Dock is where you can get a boat to the mainland ( New York ) but you can only do this if you have the generals leaving quest where he says your good enough. you must be level 10.

Whats your thoughts?
Thanks
Svothe
Back to top Go down
gamestemple

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:46 pm

Good layout I think, it should have walls around the outside of it all and the barracks should be square buildings that are all the same to seem formal as they are barracks. Then in NYC Tech Forces could be fighting the Toik in an urban confrontation.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 4:53 pm

Yeah, on the first image i posted you see the roads going around. all the roads will become walls.
Back to top Go down
Mad_computer_user
Admin
Mad_computer_user

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 6:48 pm

looks nice svothe cant wait to see it implemented
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2008 6:50 pm

Well we need the concepters to make concept base of it, then we need either the Gene or one of the new chaps im talking too tomorrow whos a proffesional level designer. he has been working on the creation of a Mod currently but he has some amazing work and i think he could make the whole island awesomly Very Happy Infact so could most our modelers but they can stick with mechs for now if they wish. i have asked Gene to make a concept piece of the island so hopefully in the next three or so days we may have something cool to see Very Happy
Back to top Go down
towcar

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:23 am

OK sounds like a good plan, I guess using googlemaps would have been one of the better ways to make it into a concept peice. Looks really good the way you layed it out.

Suggestion: An idea I thought would be more militaric but in real life be a lot worser of a plan lol... If you got rid of housing an made it into different training areas, one uses mechs, one doesn't, one is for something else like a univercity lol... Then you could make a bunker with like 200 beds that are kinda like the ones in a submarine
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:26 am

Hmm, yeah i guess so Smile

The whole of the first island will be one model! so who ever opts for making it you gotta talk to them about it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gamestemple

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:31 am

standardize the concepts - Page 2 Caravanti6
These are a good idea for the residential areas. Maybe we shouldn't have a trading area considering it's a military HQ! Maybe in the Mech Workshop we could have a trader for Mech Parts and/or Mechs. And a training area should be on a platform just off shore sort of like the structure of an oil rig is with a training facility on it. The player could get a boat between Liberty Island and the training base.
Back to top Go down
towcar

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:33 am

Sounds cool, I don't think we want dead people at our housing area lol...

One think I though is this is after a huge Apocalypse ( I think that is the right word if not say disaster) And I thought they weren't flowing rich in supplies so do they have the supplies to make a floating training base?
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 9:48 am

The idea is Liberty Island is the big training area, where you learn the basics.
Back to top Go down
gamestemple

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 3:53 pm

No, that's a bad idea, maybe we should have a small portion of New York as the training area. Liberty Island should be a big fortress, it is a monument of great prestige and putting it as a Headquaters kind of seems more appropriate. Or we could have it on an actual oil rig that had been there previously.
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2008 4:49 pm

What oilrig do you see in Newyork lol Razz i guess we could say like in year 2063 they discovered a huge oil deposit beneath the sand off shore of Liberty island.
Back to top Go down
gamestemple

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 09, 2008 10:55 am

I've though of something cool, an abandoned Shipyard, that would be cool with like 2 cargoships you can explore and find "cargo bandits" and kill them.
Back to top Go down
Gene

Gene

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:07 am

my idea is, all those crucial buildings for an army, such as barracks, tradings, hanger, are better to build underground, and the surface are merely for training grounds, mounted turrets and control tower, perhaps, add in a planetary defends system... well, i'll be showing this in my sketches though, you guys can discuz bout it later
Back to top Go down
Gene

Gene

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 6:20 am

and there might be huge mech (NPC) equipted with depleted uranium shells which can act as long range turret when they deploy, these badass deployable mechs change their shift every 3 hours automatically, whenever shift change period, dey will undeploy, wall mounted to secure theit path for them to walk into their special hanger, and the new shift will walk to the same spot, and deploy, imagine its like very complicated deploy, undeploy sequence which looks rily cool~ if anyone got watched macross zero, would be like the one on the carrier deck... haha, idea juz pop up in my brain >.<
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 10, 2008 9:28 am

Sounds awesome, i like the whole underground theme, possibly under the statue of liberty and the island is the training area, and then you can leave it to the surface or the other way round.
Back to top Go down
gamestemple

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 12, 2008 12:29 am

You should walk into a sort of big hole under the statue's base and have a heavily guarded tunnel with two seperate tunnels and another in the middle to the war room. 1 of these seperating tunnels goes to the training area and the other is the route to the mech hangar for personell.
Back to top Go down
Swift

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 EmptyTue Jul 01, 2008 1:56 pm

one problem that seems obvious in both concepts is that the statue of liberty is way to small in comparison to its surrondings, the thing's huge!

just an Idea: Maybe some sort of turret/AA gun in the hand (flame broken off and gun sitting in the cradle of the torch) just a thaught.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: standardize the concepts   standardize the concepts - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

standardize the concepts
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Mechanical Technologys :: Concept art-
Jump to: